In this episode, I decided to bring on my daughter Ruby and niece Julia to talk about the mixed experience from their perspective. Our conversation offers a glimpse of two teen girl city kids who share a few experiences navigating race, friends, colorism, confidence building techniques and of course hair, hair and more hair…which seems to be the biggest topic that signifies the mixed experience for girls. If you are a parent or are simply interested in hearing a unique perspective of the teen mixed experience, check it out.
- Fitting in and the different experiences between public and private schools in NYC
- How hair defines young mixed girls identity and the importance of confidence in one’s hair
- Stories of how colorism showed up at school and what surprised Julia about these experiences
- The importance of loving yourself no matter what
- Find out the girl’s favorite mixed influencers and how they inspire confidence in multiracial identity
A few of Julia and Ruby’s inspirational mixed girls…