Lori L. Tharps is a content creator whose work lands at the intersection of race and popular culture. Lori is an associate professor of journalism at Temple University, an award-winning author, creator of the My American Meltingpot blog and podcast and a mother of three. Lori Tharps strives to use her words to broaden the conversation about race in America; to challenges racial stereotypes; to dismantle white supremacy, and to celebrate ethnic and cultural diversity whenever possible.
- What is a Diversity Diva?
- Life as an “Other” – Lori’s Midwest life as the only black kid in town
- The art of friendship desegregation – how to overcome fear of being different in diverse spaces
- Mothering mixed kids while navigating colorism and discrimination
- The power of cultivating diverse relationships across cultures
- How to appreciate difference rather than tolerate it
- Confronting the truth about the outsider status
- Difference is good. Notes on building confidence.
Email Hope: firstname.lastname@example.org