This week my co-host for the 34th episode of Radiant Mix is my daughter Ruby. I wanted to invite Ruby on the show again to share a mixed teen perspective on the present-day Black Lives Matter movement, navigating social activism on social media, traveling while interracial, and so much more.
As a mother and an aunt, I believe it’s important to listen to our children, to learn about life from their perspective, and we as adults can learn so much from doing so. Ruby loves podcasts so she really wanted to add in a fun flash Q&A for us to share some strange, quirky facts about us. We had fun with this one so we hope you enjoy this show.
- A teen perspective on the Black Lives Matter movement
- Real talk about colorism and racism in school and how we handle the student-led @blackat…. Instagram movement regarding NYC independent schools
- Awareness of difference….traveling while black with a multiracial family
- Observations on institutional shifts in regards to anti-racism
- Our thoughts on the Wall of Moms and the importance of a diverse community
- Learn fun facts about Hope and Ruby with our flash Q&A covering topics such a food, fashion, technology, hobbies, music and more